Sunday, December 28, 2014

Neat Quick Hitter vs. Zone

In Minnesota we have the Breakdown Tip-Off which is a great day long basketball event. Most of the best teams play at Minnetonka High School for an entire day. It's basketball heaven! This year I was lucky enough to be a part of a program that participated in the experience and it was a blast. Of course I stuck around to watch games other than ours and I saw a team run this zone quick hitter. I'm not going to say who it was because I don't want to give away any secrets. But it's really slick.

The set started in a 5 out look. The wings were the post players and the corners are shooters. The two wings crossed, screened the INSIDE of the opposite players on the top of the 2-3. As they did that, the point guard drive between the two to the rim. I added that the player opposite the driving hand could crash. Either way it's a slick look to create penetration.

No comments: