Monday, December 24, 2012

Where Have I Been? And being Blessed at 0-5.

Well, I have not posted for an embarassingly long time! What have I been doing you ask? Nope, not on a secret mission to save America, didn't take a mission trip, and definitely wasn't on a trip around the world.

What I was doing, however was trying my best to be a great teacher for St. Paul Humboldt, a great husband to my wife Desiree, a great coach for St. Thomas Academy, along with buying a house, moving,  and being a first time homebuyer with no internet.

With that said, I am going to try to update this more often, as well as start a free basketball website where I can post all of my handouts, videos, thoughts, materials, links, etc. Coming soon - but not up and running yet.

At St. Thomas we've had a rough start to the year on the scoreboard - we've started out 0-5, but could easily be 4-1. Lost a game in triple overtime, lost a game by 5 (and had 25 turnovers), lost by 8 (had a lead), and lost, and lost by 5 and had a lead.

Some would be down about this - how are we losing? But there are are a couple of reasons that we are blessed:
1. We are blessed with a great head coach who is going to get us pointed in the right direction/
2. We are blessed with great player who are going to work hard and get better each day.
3. We are blessed with the knowledge of  what we need to improve on.
4. We are blessed that everyone is on board.

Because of this, we are going to turn it around. With the exception of the first game where John Marshall kicked our butts, we've competed in every game and given ourselves chances to win. Honestly, I would rather be 0-5 than 4-1 because our practices are more focused.


Happy holidays to everyone, whatever you celebrate, and remember to give thanks for the important things in life - family, friends, and the abilities you do have!



No comments: